Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm a Loner, Dottie. A Rebel.

So, I'm learning that not every day is a total shit show when it come to online dating communication; here are two perfectly lovely sentiments from two different men that were in my mailbox this morning. Yeah, you're saying all the right things, but you see, I'm at a point right now where I just don't believe you. It's a classic case of  "It's not you, it's me." 


George Clooney himself could solicit me right now and I probably wouldn't even bat an eye. 

Why? Because, not only is it kind of exhausting to be "all awesome, all of the time," but...

"There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand. You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."


Subject: A note from William

"Ok, you had me at "I'm all awesome, all of the time"...lol Yet I still continued to read. I like your straight forward approach and that you realize that communication is key to any relationship, and in an intimate relationship it is a must! We have several common interest. I'm a bit goofy at times, especially when I'm alone with "that" person. There's a time and place for it though and my filters work pretty well. I'm devoted to my children but I know how to have balance between them and a relationship. Being a Southern Belle, I suspect that you can appreciate a chivalrous man? I'm a door opener, chair puller and a ladies first first type of man. I will even hold your purse in public if needed. :)

Well, I guess that's enough. looking forward to hearing from you."


- William


Subject: A note from John

"The weather is finally nice. I am seeking a companion for beach trips, hiking, motorcycle rides, outdoor concerts, boating, travel, amusement parks and much more. And I will join at a NASCAR race any time! If interested let me hear from you."

- John

Run along little lambs and find someone deserving of what you're putting out into the world. Don't wait for me because I'm always late to the game. Again, this is nothing that reflects on you as individuals, this burden is all mine baby!

You were in the right place, but it must have been the wrong time. Sorry for your loss fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment